Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Do You LIve in a Fat State?

In honor of my travels this weekend I want to share a little of what I saw. I drove from Pennsylvania to Tennessee. The route I drove took me through Maryland, Virginia, and West Virgina. It was a long drive, about 13 hours with stops (and they where frequent)!

So, with two days of driving and lots of stops, I was able to see a little snapshot of our country. Most of us know there is an obesity epidemic sweeping the nation for the last couple of years. Some parts of the country are effected more then others, mostly because of economic status and location. The states that have a fairly good economy and seem to offer more things to do (tourist stops, beaches, cities, and things of that nature) are less obese states. So the question is...how does your state hold up?

I live in PA, which is right about average in the obesity scale. This doesn't surprise because our economy is pretty good around the bigger cities, but when you go to a more rural area everything changes. Then, I look at Tennessee and what I saw there....a whole lot of nothing to do, except in the bigger cities. Tennessee ranks very close to the top of the list, which sounds about right from what I saw over the weekend. Now, I only saw a little bit of the state so I cannot draw a complete conclusion, but it seemed like health and fitness was not a priority to them. There was not a whole lot to do but sit around, talk with one another and eat!

Don't let yourself fall victim to your surrounding. Health and fitness should always be a priority no matter where you live. Just because your social settings may be against you, doesn't mean you should give up. Stand up and fight back. Follow some tips from my earlier posts and live the healthy life you deserve.

Here is a link to a map that will show you how fat your state is...http://calorielab.com/news/wp-images/post-images/fattest-states-2008-big.gif.

Check it out and understand that you may be falling victim to social influences. Now that you know this could be a possibility in your struggles do something about it!

Need advice as to what to do? Go to my web page and fill out the contact form and we will get started on your weight loss plan Today! Do not wait another day and let society keep you overweight....www.MorganPersonalTraining.com is your social influencing fat buster!

No comments:

Post a Comment